SelfPay provides an innovative solution to bridge the gap between traditional payments (debit and credit card cards) and cryptocurrency.
20% of each transaction fee are given to the merchants in cryptocurrency and 40% are transferred to SelfPay SxP token holders
After 2 man years of development, the first beta version of SelfPay was released in mid 2016.
This version was then iterated upon to work as a payment aggregator, and by the end of 2016, the new version was released incorporating aggregation functionalities and a new redesign. The release laid the groundwork enabling the product to work as a SasS (software as a service) to accept payments via different payment gateways.
This version of SelfPay was beta tested in two Southeast Asian countries using Omise, (creator of the OMG token) and Cybersource (the parent organisation of VISA) as payment gateways.
Building on top of the existing product, version 2.0 of SelfPay begun a period of beta testing with a few select trusted testing users.
The payment aggregator functionalities became validated. Sellers can manage their own payments both offline and online with self-managed payment gateway keys and their own contracts with their preferred payment gateways.
During that time, while the team was investigating new ways of funding SelfPay to maintain its growth, the ICO project began.
Q3 2017, the ICO project is officially launched.
Funds raised during the ICO are used to market the product across Southeast Asia.
- Ether cash back and SxP retribution process are added to the application
- SxP token is added to major crypto exchanges
- Sales teams are set up to market the product in Southeast Asia
- Customers are able to pay using bank accounts as well as credit card (bank to bank payments)
- Customers are able to pay using Alipay representing 450 Million potential Chinese Customers
- The inventories used by each seller are used to create a marketplace, enabling offline sellers using our solution to have a new e-commerce channel provided for free
- Integrate SelfPay with remaining e-commerce platforms and shopping cart services (e.g. Wordpress, Prestashop, Magento, Wix, Weebly and Shopify)
We offer the possibility to each seller to exchange their blockchain assets seamlessly from one user to another in a decentralised manner, removing any risks that is usually associated with current centralised solutions.
Each seller will be able to send transactions against each other using the SelfPay system thus providing a business to business solution.
Crypto reward can be received in any major crypto currency and ERC20 token, enabling seller to manage a multi cryptocurrency wallet of rewards.
Since fees will be taken in the token transacted in, the most popular tokens used will accumulate to the distribution contract helping the value backing SxP tokens.
Any seller can be paid directly in any crypto currency achieving the original target to bring the crypto currency seamlessly to any seller.
Internal exchanges setup to optimise the cross sell between the crypto reward given to sellers and the reward withdrawn by the merchants. Local exchanges will still be used to provide liquidity when needed.
The product will then be consolidated to integrate other web 3.0 functionnalities coming from other blockchain projects including OMG, OpenBazaar and weTrust.